, BALLSTON SPA, NEW YORK 12020
Operations Manager / District Manager / Store Manager
Twenty-plus years of retail management experience
Qualifications and Accomplishments
· Increase in district sales 37% over LY sales.
· Increase in individual store sales as much as 61%.
· Developed corporate loss prevention policies to reduce company shrinkage providing accountability from reporting personnel.
· District shrinkage reduced to 1.23%.
· Accountable for fourteen store managers as District Manager.
· Two reporting managers promoted to status of District Manager.
· Promoted to Operations Manager in order to assist Director of Stores in store field and back office operations. Communicating to District Managers and tending to daily operations of company.
· Devised fiscal corporate sales / payroll plan allocations for all stores.
· Responsible for new cash register software programming, back office systems, field training and successful go-live in conjunction with KWI.
· Achieved positive same store sales comparison over L.Y. for fiscal 2009 year to date; one of twenty-six stores corporate wide. Over 200 stores nation wide.
· Obtained ratings of outstanding for all financial metrics in categories of sales, payroll and contribution.
· Exceeded company sales and payroll budget year to date for store.
· Earned manager bonus seven of eight months for surpassing stretch goals for sales and payroll.
· Training managers to increase level of staff expectations creating cohesive teams and providing customer service.
· Implementing merchandising strategies to maximize sales potential through visual context.
· Ensuring timely flow of product in an orderly and proficient manner. 6,000 to 10,000 sq. ft. stores with 40,000 to 110,000 units of product per location.
· Executed inter store transfers to provide sufficient merchandise representation for bi-weekly ad set ups.
· Constant balancing of sell- through items recreating full groups of merchandise, avoiding markdown status.
· 15 New store setups, 10 within own territory. Executed openings within three days. Facilitated 40,000 units of merchandise for new store from existing locations without harming integrity of merchandise representation in existing stores..
· Negotiating ADT security contracts for new and existing stores.
· Obtained certificates of occupancy prior to opening of new locations.
· Loss prevention awareness training and compliance with company security and shrink policies.
· Payroll budget to sales strictly enforced.
· Hiring and training of store management.
· Execute and authorize disciplinary actions in accordance with company policy, supporting need for possible separation.
· Ensuring performance standards are met in all store locations providing consistent store operations.
· District meetings held in order to further educate managers in all areas of store operations and company expectations.
· Explore potential sites for new store locations.
· Williams-Sonoma Inc.
07/07 to 10/09
· Deb Shops Incorporated
08/06 to 07/07
· PriceLess…Kids / 4Ever Kids
12/95 to 06/06
District Manager / Operations Manager
Company sold in 11/04 to PK Acquisitions DBA 4Ever Kids
Company liquidated in 05/06 through 06/06
· Petrie Retail Incorporated
07/92 to 11/95
Position eliminated due to Chapter 11 filing and subsequent closing of reporting stores.
· Petrie Stores Corporation
03/88 to 07/92
· U.S. Kids Countdown
08/84 to 02/88
· Virginia Intermont College
Bachelor of Arts
· Shenendehowa Central School