ROGER SCOTT STANLEY
Seeking a Programmer Analyst position to maximize, strengthen and expand my skills with web-based programming technologies, ASP.Net, VB.Net, and SQL Server which can be utilized to make a positive contribution to the organization.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW & TECHNICAL SKILLS
Established a successful record of information technology experience and education since 1999 with specific strengths in software applications development/programming, database development, graphic user interface design and development, software needs assessment and project planning. Offer additional experience with website development; content management systems development/administration; data collection, analysis and retrieval; and data/security integrity
Demonstrated the ability to adapt quickly to new applications and programming languages to develop, update, maintain, customize or improve software to meet business requirements. Extensive computer training, including knowledge of multiple networking environments and business software packages. Dedicated to the development of customized systems and applications that improve the sharing, accessibility, and management of information. Experience with:
• Visual Basic • HTML • SQL Server 7, SQL Server 2005
• VB.Net • Java • Microsoft Access
• Active Server Pages (ASP) • Perl • Windows NT, 2000, XP
• Asp.Net • SQL 99, T-SQL Query Languages • Linux
Honors: Valedictorian (4.0 GPA) • Highest Honors • Academic Excellence • Alpha Beta Kappa Honor Society
Attended two years – TENNESSEE TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, Cookeville, TN
Athens, TN 06/2009 – 10/2009
MDL LOGISTICS INC. (contract position)
Hired on a short-term contract with this logistics/transportation brokerage and truck sales company to create, develop and launch a new website ( www.mdlremarketing.com ) to serve as the company’s primary sales and marketing channel for the new start up truck sales division.
• Conducted the initial comprehensive analysis and information gathering meetings with the business owner and managers to identify specific needs related to the functionality, image, and business requirements of the website.
• Created the website’s sales catalog system for marketing pre-owned equipment that provided detailed photographs, descriptions, pricing and other information for potential buyers.
• Developed and integrated the SQL database, schema and stored procedures that served as customized reporting and tracking tools to analyze the effectiveness of the website.
• Created and implemented a content management system for the sales catalog that provided a “user friendly” process for updating, adding, or removing equipment photographs and descriptions from the website’s sales catalog.
• Trained managers on applications and procedures for updating and monitoring the website.
Knoxville, TN 10/2007 – 03/2009
KBX GROUP INC.
Programmer II / Technical Support Services
Contributed to the success of this software development company by working in a dual role with responsibility for programming, maintaining and updating applications as well as providing technical support to clients.
• Performed software development, programming, testing, updating and maintenance of the company’s “internet shopping cart”, product catalog and content management software used for clients’ e-commerce applications.
• Conducted installation, integration and set up of e-commerce applications for customer websites; provided front line technical support to troubleshoot application problems and ensure that repairs quickly resolved customer problems.
• Maintained maximum levels of software operational efficiency/quality and data integrity by creating, managing and monitoring scripting and applications.
• Directly supported clients by managing and maintaining ad hoc reporting requests.
ROGER SCOTT STANLEY
Chattanooga, TN 03/2007 – 10/2007
THE COMDYN GROUP / BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF TN (contract position)
Recruited for a six-month contract position to work on a application development team assigned responsibility for development and implement software upgrades to improve business efficiency related to insurance billing, recordkeeping, reporting, and information management for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee’s corporate office.
• Developed the Graphic User Interface prototypes for the new applications to maximize the “ease of use” for the new software for all levels of employees.
• Created code modules to provide application security and ensure the integrity of confidential company/patient data by limiting access to information based on end user and group roles.
• Assigned to the application development team on a major project that involved developing an application using ASP.net in VB.net used to identify and recover financial overpayments made to medical providers.
• Created additional applications to assist in validating patient eligibility for services based on policy coverage.
San Jose, CA 09/2005 – 01/2007
VOLT TECHNICAL SERVICE INC. / TIVO INC. (contract position)
Recruited based on knowledge and experience in providing technical support, analysis, programming and end user training for Trac-It software, a comprehensive and specialized Point of Sale and Return Materials Authorization program.
• Advised and provided software training and technical support to Tivo Inc.’s information technology department to assist them with application designed, schema and back end operations support for the Trac-It software suite.
• Reduced or eliminated several manual data entry processes by creating automated scripting, processing, and applications that imported consumer sales records directly into the Trac-It software and made consumer purchases available to the client’s Return Materials Authorization system.
• Assisted in improving the effectiveness and overall functionality of the software by contributing to system design.
Knoxville, TN 05/2003 – 09/2005
METRON NORTH AMERICA
Provided application development services and technical support for multiple standard and customized software applications related to sales, financial reporting, order processing, operations and inventory control for this DirectTV satellite systems and equipment distribution company.
• Contributed to the development, programming, maintenance and overall functionality of several different intranet, internet, and desktop applications for sales, installation, shipping/receiving, security and user access.
• Assisted in improving and maintaining the EDI system by creating and maintaining applications for processing product labels, bar codes and documentation procedures.
• Provided tier 2 technical support and conducted employee training on the proper use of Trac-It software applications for distributors, retailers and in-house business units.
Sweetwater, TN 06/1999 – 05/2003
J. BENTLY COMPANIES INC.
Managed all aspects of the network that included creating/maintaining applications for employee drug screening, preparing ad hoc reports for clients, and providing tier 1 technical support to resolve application and network issues.