To Seek the Position of Hotel Manager
SUMMARY: Top notch Manager with experience in day-to-day management of hotel and its staff with commercial accountability for planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front office (reception, concierge, and reservation), banqueting and housekeeping.
- Total eight years experience.
- Complete knowledge of hotels operations.
- Outstanding oral, written and training communication skills
- Unparalleled guest relations skills especially in creating “special touches” and resolving Guest requests and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills including trend analysis and the ability to develop innovative tactics to resolve problems.
- Excellent eye for details, can carry out actions to improve the appearance of the property, and employees as well as establish relevant actions that meet guest’s expectations.
- Positive and upbeat approach to employee relations and guest complaints.
- Strong computer skills especially word processing, hotel operating systems and spreadsheet creation.
- Remarkable ability to ensure proper selection, training,motivation and counseling of all employees.
Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN 2002 – Present
- Plan the accommodation, catering along with other hotel services.
- Promote and market the business.
- Assume authority for the hotel in the absence of the General Manager and serve as Assistant General Manager for all operations within the hotel.
- Ensure that every department head is aware of operational goals and hence is made aware of the necessary tools.
- Manage budgets as well as financial plans.
- Maintain statistical-financial records.
- Recruit and monitor relevant staff for their specific operations.
- Plan work schedules as per requirement.
- Meet as well as greet customers.
- Deal with customer queries and complaints.
- Address customer problems as well as troubleshoot.
- Ensure events and conferences run without interruption.
- Supervise the supplies and furnishings.
- Deal with the contractors and suppliers.
Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN 2000 – 2002
- Completed important aspects of general administration, like weekly and monthly stock and consumption account, guest-list, bed book etc, as required by Management.
- Prepared household staff rotas and duties.
- Ensured that Excellence Hotels operates to the highest standards required by management.
- In liaison with Management, completed the induction of all the newly appointed household staff.
- Ensured that all household staff and other staff comply with Excellence Hotels policies, e.g. fire, safety precautions etc.
Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN
1998 – 2000
Management Trainee (under supervision)
- Managed the daily operations of the Hotel including Conference Management, Rooms, Housekeeping, Leadership & Training, Reservations, Retail, Engineering, Spa, as well as other functions as assigned.
- Monitored the performance of the Hotel operational teams.
- Provided assistance to aid executive committee department heads in achieving their short and long-term objectives.
- Implemented Hotel insurance policies, procedures and the overall operation philosophy.
- Assigned budgets to ensure that profitable goals for the Hotel were met.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
State University of New York, Bufallo (1998)