Executive management position with a health care organization.
Health care professional with medical degree and hospital experience, combined with M.B.A. in Health Administration and management background. Proven ability to organize a health care facility and gain substantial market share in short period of time. Recognized for ability to work with very diverse clients and staff. Outstanding skills in assessing what is needed, recommending sensible solutions, and effectively motivating staff to implement them in a spirit of collaboration.
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS :
- Actively involved in all phases of setting up a private health facility.
- Oversight for hiring, setting up inventory procedures and financial systems.
- Managed day-to-day office activities: establishing priorities, monitoring supervisors, troubleshooting.
- Motivated staff by providing environment conducive to open communication and opportunities for professional development.
- Conducted brainstorming sessions to develop solutions for improving patient services.
- Welcomed constructive criticism from customers and employees for system improvements.
- Conducted successful analysis for causes of OJI’s and implementation of preventive strategies.
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Denver, CO
M.B.A., Health Administration
Expected graduation: May 2004
NUFFIELD INSTITUTE OF HEALTH, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, U.K
M.A., Hospital Management, August 2002
UNIVERSITY OF PUNJAB, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
M.B.B.S. (Equivalent to M.D.), RAWALPINDI MEDICAL COLLEGE, June 1997
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
05/03 Present, REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT, Denver, CO
Health/Wellness Intern, Administration Department
Conduct research to identify causes of increased incidence of OJI’s. Work with departments of Public Safety, Wellness And Rehab, Risk Assessment and general management for analysis. Prime focus on feasible solutions and their implementation.
02/03 – 08/03, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER
Research Assistant, Business School, Health Administration Program
Developed International Health Tracks and Center for Global Health.
01/02 – 02/02, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, UK
Management Trainee, Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust is a 900-bed NHS Acute Hospital with annual budget more than 140 million pounds.
Worked with top and middle management, attended board meetings, and conducted research study on quality of nursing for the hospital.
Directly involved with general management of hospital. Monitored numerous staff: Hospital Manager, Finance Manager, Nursing Supervisors, Duty Officers, PRO, Operation Theaters, Lab Services, Radiology, Dental Surgery, Hygiene Services, Inventory Records of Stores, Visiting Consultants, resident Medical Officers. Attended meetings, planned short-term and long-term goals, and conducted hospital rounds to obtain first hand information.
07/98 – 12/98, RAWALPINDI GENERAL HOSPITAL, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
House Physician (Medical Internship), Department of Medicine 500-bed tertiary care hospital affiliated with Rawalpindi. Medical College.
Participated in evaluating patients, attended outpatient clinics, managed patients in emergency and assisted in procedures.