To obtain a challenging position as a Sr. Network Engineer
- Routers (Cisco GSR, 7500, 7000, 5300, 4000, 3000, 2600, 2500, Terminal Servers: 2511, 2509).
Extreme Networks Switches (Black Diamonds and Summit 24)
- Cisco Switches (6500, 5000, 3500, 2900).
- Cisco Pix Firewalls (525, 520, 515, 506), VPN Concentrator 3000 series, Cisco IOS Firewall feature set (IOS 12.X).
- NetScreen Firewalls (NS-5XP, NS-5GT, NS-500)
- OC-12, OC-3, DS3, T-1, and ISDN PRI’s and BRI’s, Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet) FDDI, Token Ring.
- Routing Protocol (BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, IS-IS, NLSP), Routed Protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX).
- Implemented QoS using FIFO, Weighted Fair Queuing, Priority Queuing, Custom Queuing, RSVP, RED, CAR.
- Implemented SNMP on devices to allow for network management
- Implementation of HP Openview Server for network management.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Implementation of HSRP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, MRTG.
- Punch Blocks, Tone Tracers, Repeaters, T-BERD, Modems, CSU/DSU’s, Professional Modular Plug Crimper.
- Unix/Sun Solaris 8.0, Novell 4.X, Win 95/98, Win-NT 4.0, Win 2000 Prof., Win 2000 Server, MS Office, Lotus Notes, AutoCAD, PsPice, Tango,
D&D Consulting Albany, NY
Position: Network Engineer/Security
Running VPN Project Throughout the Five Boroughs of NY (OMRDD)
- Perform Site Surveys, and provide documentation for cable company
- Design the layout for cable Installations
- Configure, and Implement NetScreen NS-5XT
- Implement VPN connections using NetScreen NS-5GT and NS-500
- Perform Troubleshooting end-to-end between the two sites
- Provide training to staff at the customer location
- Maintain documents of work perform during the day
FiberForge New York, NY
Position: Network Engineer
- Responsible for designing and implementation of customers network infrastructure
- Help negotiate hardware, software, and circuit contracts for customers
- Redesign customers office copper and fiber cable plant for scalability
- Configure and implement Remote Access Solution: VPN, ISDN dial up, Fractional T1
- Implement Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router
- Network Assessment and Documentation (including technical, operational, and economic assessment)
- Configure Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator to allow VPN clients
- Implement CiscoSecure Access Control Server (ACS 3.0) for Tacacs+/ Radius
- Configure Pix to Pix, and Router to Router VPN
- Redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration
- Network Migration from RIP to OSPF
- Build and maintain Visio documentations for Clients
- Troubleshoot Windows 2000 Servers and streamlining the user policy.
- Managing User accounts using Active Directory
- Implementation of TCP/IP & related Sevices-DHCP/DNS/WINS
NextVenue/Ibeam Broadcasting, New York, NY
Position: Network Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining Ibeam infrastructure in NY, UK, and Tokyo
- Re-engineered BGP routing (Route Maps, AS-Path prepend, MED, Local Preference) to load balance traffic across multiple ISP’s links
- Responsible for designing, implementing and troubleshooting temporary infrastructures for Live Webcasting Events
- Troubleshoot OC-3, DS3, DS1, and ISDN connectivity issues
- Responsible for integration of customers to Ibeam Network
- Negotiate service contract with circuit carriers
- Interface with various Telcos for circuit testing and turn up
- Responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring Ibeam customer Co-Location environment
- Configure Extreme Black Diamond Switches (layer 2, 3 and 4 switching)
- Design and implement security policies using ACL, PIX firewall (515, 520)and
- Provide intranet VPN solution using Cisco 2621 and IPSec Tunneling
- Configure f5 BiGip to provide Load Balancing for server farm
- Upgrade Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP
- Members of a team that designed and built Ibeam Tier one infrastructure
- Configure Terminal Servers for out-of-band management
- Configure Traffic Shaping to optimize utilization on ATM Backbone
- Build and maintain Visio documentation database of network topology
- Help establish guidelines and standards for Change Procedures
Structured Network Solutions, Jersey City, NJ