Get your resume written by a professional.
|From The Blog|
· Decisive and confident leader, team builder; Military Command experience, West Point trained
· IT Strategist; Recommends appropriate projects to enable business improvement
· Business Process/ERP Project Management expert; drive business process transformation
· Global team management and solid International project experience
· Confident executive communicator & public speaking skills
BLUE SKIES, LLC 2008 - Present
Managing Consultant 04/2008 - Present
Managing Member of the Blue Skies, LLC Professional Service Organization which provides Business and Information Technology consulting specializing in Program and Project Management, Software Selection, Mergers and Acquisitions support, “Temporary CIO” services, and Project Remediation. Dual-responsibility to provide consulting services and new business development.
THOMSON, INC. 2000 - 2007
Director of IT (Division CIO), Theatrical Services Division, Technicolor 09/2005 – 09/2007
Promoted to CIO for Division that delivers $700M in annualized revenues providing film and digital media services, manufacturing, and distribution for entertainment customers worldwide. Responsible for IT Strategy and Operations. Provided leadership and mentoring for total team of 40. Responsible for the planning and administration of annual capital budget of $5M and operating budget for $12M.
IT Director, Corporate Systems, Technicolor 09/2003 – 09/2005
Promoted to manage software development and operations for Financial and Human Resources Information Systems. Responsible for project delivery, compliance standards, and systems operations. Led team of 15, planned and administered annual operating/capital budget of $5M.
Sr IT Manager, Marketing & Sales Information Systems, Technicolor 03/2002 – 09/2003
Promoted and relocated to California to establish new Information Systems department in support of Marketing and Sales team for newly acquired Technicolor businesses. Led team of 10, planned and administered budget of $2M.
Project Manager, Internet/eCommerce, Thomson, Inc. 10/2000 – 03/2002
Upon leaving military service, recruited to be Project Manager and be developed into roles of greater responsibility within the company. Was placed by Global Director for Marketing and Sales into Information Systems Leadership Program to quickly learn technologies, contribute to eCommerce projects, with objective to lead programs in 2 years.
UNITED STATES ARMY 1993 - 2000
Commander, Air Defense PATRIOT Missile Battery 06/1998 – 08/2000
Ultimate responsibility for the leadership and training of an 85-soldier Patriot Missile Firing Battery with mission to deploy worldwide to conduct combat operations. Leadership demanded development of junior leaders, the direct care of soldiers and their families, the preparation for combat in adverse conditions, and precision in all aspects of military missions and assignments.
· Operations. Planned & led deployment of 110-soldier unit to Kuwait for 5-month mission in combat zone; led construction of new Patriot missile base.
· Logistics. Planned & led relocation of 85-soldier unit within Germany following base closures. Project physically relocated all soldiers and families including 50,000+ equipment items valued at $84M. Unit re-assumed operational status 60 days ahead of Department of Defense schedule.
· Received highest ratings on every officer performance review. Rated #1 of 18 Commanders.
· Held various other leadership positions and was rated #1 officer in unit on numerous evaluations.
Education / Credentials / Associations
Bachelor of Science in Mathematical Economics and Systems Engineering (Dean’s List)
Project Management Professional Certified (PMP)
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
ITIL Foundations Certified
Business Process Management
BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT GROUP (BPM-G)
Invited Speaker, Oracle Open World 2007 – “Next Generation Media Asset Management”
Business Plan Co-Author and Solution Architect for On-Demand Enterprise Software Company serving Advertising Industry
Member, Convergence Technology Council