Sample Resumes Category: Driver
Available Sample Resumes
Driver Resume Tips
Contact Information :
Education : List most recent degree first.
- Full name
- Campus and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Name of institution, city and state
- Degree, major and year awarded
- GPA (optional)
Experience : List the most recent first.
Activities : Campus and community activities, Memberships in professional organizations.
Personal : Certifications, security clearances, patents, special awards, citizenship.
Try to incorporate the following verbs when making your resume.
Try to use Action Verbs when constructing your statements :
Now lets have a look at the necessary information that will make your resume stand out. The following are some of the points you should consider while making a Truck Driver resume.
- Your main responsibilities, detailing your collection, transportation and delivery duties, plus health & safety, security, fixing mechanical faults and resolving other problems.
- Your category of license (if relevant), the type of load you are used to carrying and the distances covered.
- Planning your routes (the quickest and most economical).
- Industry regulations.
- Handling documentation (invoices and delivery notes).
- Any major projects that you have worked on and whether you completed the projects on time and on budget (if you had budgetary responsibility).
- New procedures and practices that you have introduced or developed.
- Make your resume stand out by saying how you have reduced costs / saved money for your company, e.g. how you have planned your routes to save fuel.
- Any contribution to reduction of cost, improvement in efficiency, or increase in revenue.
- Any other achievements that have benefited your employers.