- Account Coordinator Resume Sample
- Account Manager Resume Sample
- Account Representative Resume Sample
- Bellman Resume Sample
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
- Call Center Representative Resume Sample
- Call Center Supervisor Resume Sample
- Cashier Resume Sample
- Client Relations Manager Resume Sample
- Client Service Specialist Resume Sample
- Client Services Representative Resume Sample
- Concierge Resume Sample
- Customer Care Associate Resume Sample
- Customer Care Manager Resume Sample
- Customer Care Representative Resume Sample
- Customer Care Supervisor Resume Sample
- Customer Service Agent Resume Sample
- Customer Service Associate Resume Sample
- Customer Service Clerk Resume
- Customer Service Engineer Resume Sample
- Customer Service Human Resources Resume
- Customer Service Lead Resume Sample
- Customer Service Manager Resume
- Customer Service Manager Resume 2
- Customer Service Professional Resume
- Customer Service Recruiter Resume
- Customer Service Representative Resume
- Customer Service Representative Resume 2
- Customer Service Representative Resume 3
- Customer Service Representative Resume 4
- Customer Service Representative Resume 5
- Customer Service Resume 4
- Customer Service Specialist Resume
- Customer Support Specialist Resume Sample
- Dispatcher Resume Sample
- Duty Manager Resume Sample
- Front Desk Agent Resume Sample
- Front Desk Associate Resume Sample
- Front Desk Coordinator Resume Sample
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample
- Front Desk Receptionist Resume Sample
- Guest Service Agent Resume Sample
- Guest Service Representative Resume Sample
- Help Desk Support Resume Sample
- Help Desk Technician Resume Sample
- Hostess Resume Sample
- Investment Assistant Resume Sample
- Medical Receptionist Resume Sample
- Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample
- Retail Associate Resume Sample
- Retail Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Sales Assistant Resume Sample
- Sales Coordinator Resume Sample
- Sample Customer Service Air Transportation Resume Sample
- Sample Customer Service Resume 1 Sample
- Sample Customer Service Resume 2 Sample
- Sample Customer Service Resume 3 Sample
- Senior Customer Service Resume
- Service Administrator Resume Sample
- Service Advisor Resume Sample
- Service Consultant Resume Sample
- Teller Resume Sample
- Transaction Coordinator Resume Sample
Sample Resumes Category: Customer Service
Available Sample Resumes
How to write a Customer Service Resume
Customer service takes in a number of different jobs. As such, candidates in this field need to make sure to customize their customer service resumes appropriately to each position applied for. Generally speaking, the sample customer service resume outline listed here is relevant in most situations. Some customer service resume samples are available on the web, and they may be able to provide additional useful tips regarding inclusions, but they may not always have the most optimum structure. The following structure is recommended for your customer service resume:
At the top you should include your full name followed by your contact details. This needs to include telephone numbers (landline and cell phone) email address that you can be reached at and your home address. Students can put in both their home address and address at university.
An objective is helpful for a customer service resume of a more junior candidate. An objective is a sentence which states what your goal is and what you are working toward. It is important to target these at the job to which you are applying, otherwise your potential employer will assume that you are sending out resumes at random to a lot of jobs and that you are not specifically interested in their job really. This customer service resume sample suggests that you include an objective that reads something like:
Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for learning and a desire to work in customer service seeks entry level job in the fashion industry.
Customer service candidates with more experience should consider including a powerful profile at the top of their customer service resume. A profile is made up of four concise sentences which provide an overview of the candidateÕs most relevant skills and experience to date, as they relate to this position. It must be tailored each time. Sample customer service resumes include profiles such as:
Talented customer service manager with more than 10 years experience managing customer service in the retail industry. Flexible leader with the ability to manage and motivate large diverse teams to achieve challenging goals on tight budgets. Expert in customer service principles who has mastered customer retention and can create processes to improve this key metric. Strategic communicator who thinks on his feet to deal with issues efficiently and effectively.
Your profile commands an important spot on your resume. It falls on the top third of the first page, which is where the employer will naturally look first. A strong profile stands your resume a much greater chance of making the ÒyesÓ pile than a resume that pays little attention to this area of a customer service resume.
This sample customer service resume demonstrates how keywords should be worked into your customer service resume profile to increase the chances of your resume being found when an employer searches for those words on job websites. Here, keyword examples included are Òcustomer retentionÓ and Òcustomer service managerÓ. Keywords are covered in more detail below.
Customer service employees with greater work experience might also benefit from listing out some key skills in their customer service resume. A great chance to include more keywords in a resume, our sample customer service resume suggests that include your key skills in this way:
- Customer Services Supervisory Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Training and Development for CSRs
- Developing Customer Service Reports
- Call Center Process Improvement
- Budget Management
Customer Service Education
Your education section needs to be listed in reverse chronological order so you should begin with your most recent position. Specific customer service qualifications should definitely be included. In your education section, include: subject/s studied, educational institutes attended and their locations, graduation dates and also any professional qualifications completed.
Customer Service Work Experience
Customer service work experience must also be listed in reverse chronological order. Focus as much as possible on customer service skills and specific achievements that demonstrate these sorts of skills. If you just list responsibilities your resume will not be processed further. This sample customer service resume recommends you do it like this:
- Improved customer retention by 30% by introducing new call center processes to reduce time spent waiting by customers.
- Developed new approach for training customer service staff to ensure that the staff was better prepared for issues, reducing errors by 15%.
Or for a less senior customer service resume:
- Proactively suggested new shorter customer call script for the help center which was taken up by the management team and implemented.
In writing your bullet points, consider using strong words that really best illustrate your achievements and involvement. Here, weÕve used ÒImprovedÓ, ÒDevelopedÓ, and ÒProactivelyÓ. Using action verbs at the start of your bullets will better emphasize your abilities.
Recent graduates seeking roles in a customer service environment may include relevant activities that demonstrate how they performed customer service tasks. More experienced customer service managers may list memberships of professional organizations or leadership positions held outside of work.
Customer service resumes should contain keywords that employers will search for in their search for a candidate. A high quality sample customer service resume will include a number of suitable keywords and phrases which could include phrases such as customer satisfaction, customer retention, processes or efficiency, depending on the specific job.
The above is a clear example of how sample customer service resumes are best structured and the way to write them for high chances of success. For those still at school, your university may also be able to provide you with sample customer service resumes to consider. From this page you can find sample resumes to get you started.