- Apprentice Resume Sample
- Assistant Project Manager Resume Sample
- Building Inspector Resume Sample
- Carpenter Resume Sample
- Civil Engineer Resume Sample
- Construction Assistant Resume Sample
- Construction Coordinator Resume Sample
- Construction Engineer Resume Sample
- Construction Foreman Resume Sample
- Construction Manager Resume Sample
- Construction Resume 1
- Construction Resume 2
- Construction Resume 3
- Construction Superintendent Resume Sample
- Construction Supervisor Resume Sample
- Construction Worker Resume Sample
- Contract Administrator Resume Sample
- Contract Manager Resume Sample
- Crane Operator Resume Sample
- Electrician Resume Sample
- Equipment Operator Resume Sample
- Estimator Resume Sample
- Field Engineer Resume Sample
- General Laborer Resume Sample
- Inspector Resume Sample
- Iron Worker Resume Sample
- Laborer Resume Sample
- Master Electrician Resume Sample
- Painter Resume Sample
- Pipe Fitter Resume Sample
- Planner Resume Sample
- Plumber Resume Sample
- Project Assistant Resume Sample
- Project Manager Resume Sample
- Purchasing Coordinator Resume Sample
- Roofer Resume Sample
- Safety Director Resume Sample
- Safety Manager Resume Sample
- Scheduler Resume Sample
- Site Manager Resume Sample
- Superintendent Resume Sample
- Surveyor Resume Sample
- Welder Resume Sample
Sample Resumes Category: Construction
Available Sample Resumes
Construction Resume Tips
|| Your resume is a reflection of your perfection. Employers will want to know the extent of your construction experience. This can include job duties such as Construction Management, Proposal Development, On-Site Supervision, Finish Carpentry or Drywall skills depending on whether you are a Manager, Site Foreman or Laborer. Here are some tips to design a construction resume.
Do not miss in a construction resume, the summary of core competencies, strengths and quantifiable accomplishments. Construction resumes should show how you made the organization or client money, saved them money, increased efficiency, or decreased costs in quantifiable terms.
Another important part of the construction resume should be the financial specifics of company size and revenues that is always appreciated by the reader.
Construction Resume Template
Contact Information :
- Full name
- Campus and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Objective : Short specific statement that includes position, industry, and/or relevant skills
Summary of Qualifications :
" A proven track record of completing difficult projects on schedule and budget in harsh environment from desert, to jungle, to mountain and the sea. An ability to work in upstream locations with limited communications and scant logistical support with minimal supervision where self-reliance and lateral thinking are required. Excellent interpersonal skills, a professional attitude, and firm personality to see tough jobs through independently or as a team member. I am most familiar with and committed to HSE policies and practices of major petroleum companies."
Education : List most recent degree first.
- Name of institution, city and state
- Degree, major and year awarded
- GPA (optional)
Skills : Mention all your dental related skills which makes your resume outstanding. Use action-words, verbs, adverbs, adjectives in your descriptions and terms specific to your job in your construction resume.
Experience : List the most recent first.
- Job title
- Employer name and location (city and state)
- Dates of employment
- Active description of your responsibilities and accomplishments
Activities : Campus and community activities, Memberships in professional organizations. Job seekers from the construction field often write general statements that lack the use of numbers to describe important items like the size and value of projects or number of staff supervised. They also assume that anyone in the construction industry will know what they have done and the depth of their skills just by reading their job title. However, both are erroneous assumptions and can result in poor resume response.
For Example consider the following description of a chunk of experience acquired.
| Crew Lead
And here is the more appropriate and efficient way to put your experience.
Construction Site Management
Add Keywords : Use action-words, verbs, adverbs, adjectives in your descriptions and terms specific to your job in your construction resume. For example ASCE, Concrete Design, Preliminary Stress Analysis, Hydrology Trans Analysis etc. Do not use abbreviations or acronyms unless you define them.
Try to use Action Verbs when constructing your statements :
Now lets have a look at the necessary information that will make your resume stand out. The following are some of the points you should consider while making a Construction resume.
- The major projects that you have worked on and whether you completed the projects on time and on budget (if you had budgetary responsibility).
- Your financial and budgetary responsibilities on each major project.
- Design and purchasing responsibilities.
- The detailed planning of all stages of construction, including workers, equipment and materials.
- The construction phase, including site inspections and checking materials, measurements and workmanship.
- Contact with buyers, planners, surveyors, supervisors / managers, other subcontractors and the client.
- New techniques, procedures, practices and processes that you have introduced or developed.
- Any contribution to reduction of cost, improvement in efficiency, or increase in revenue.
- Any other achievements that have benefited your employers.