· MBA Accountant with expertise in GAAP, SOX, FAR, CAS and DCAA compliance
· Management of accounting department: GL, AP, AR, payroll, revenue and interco
· GL and project cost accounting, period end close and financial statement analysis
· Audit liaison with DCAA for Government contract costs, and CPA's for SEC filings
· CAS Disclosure statements, forward pricing/provisional billing, incurred cost claims
· ERP structure design, system implementation, training and process documentation
· Acquisition integration, budgets/forecasts, rate variances and cost impact analysis
Business process review and improvements to incorporate best business practices
MBA in Accounting - University of Phoenix
Deltek Costpoint, Time & Expense, Cognos8, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY - 1985 to 2010
Advanced C4 Solutions in (work from home) November 2009 - Present
· Project nearing completion prompting exploration of challenging new opportunities.
L-3 Communications - Applied Technologies Group - San Diego - 2008 to 2009
Business Process Analyst (Consultant for the first six months, employee last six months)
Advised and assisted VP of Finance with his vision for improvements in organization
· Worked with managers of Accounting, Finance, HR, Payroll, Contracts and Purchasing.
· Reviewed SOX control narratives, compared to current practices, drafted update to clarify.
· Compared CAS Disclosure Statements for three entities to prepare a cost impact analysis.
· Liaison with DCAA auditor on classified contract timecard floor checks at multiple facilities.
· Prepared plan for implementing changes to best business practices with minimal conflicts.
· Research accounting issues to identify underlying cause and propose solutions to resolve.
· Observe and recommended improvements to existing policies, procedures and processes.
· Informed management of potential DCAA audit risk observed in current company practices.
Advised and assisted IT Manager with decentralization of Deltek Costpoint system*
· Provided directions to two other outside consultants working remotely on Costpoint project.
· Initiated pre-conversion clean-up of excess data to minimize transfers of unnecessary data.
· Developed list of requirements for system data verifications and system function validations.
· Identified data to be deleted or inactivated from multiple entity database that was inherited.
· Introduced users to system control screens previously managed by centralized department.
· Explained multiple system functions and features and the associated system requirements.
· Suggested improvements for consistency between companies for improved system reports.
· Recommended changes to simplify current system setup to increase usability of all output.
Cubic Corporation, Inc. - Defense Contractor - San Diego - 2005 to 2008
Corporate Government Accounting Compliance Audit Liaison (2006 - 2008)
· Government contract cost accounting and compliance audit liaison with DCAA and DCMA.