• Virginia 23509 • • @cox.net
Education & Specialized Training
ITT Technical Institute, VA
Associate of Applied Science Degree, Computer Network Systems
Expected Graduation: 2011
• Communications Systems Operator School • Radio “A” School
• Advanced Communications Procedures • Kitco Fiber Optic Training
• Cryptographic Material System School • Navy Leadership Development Training
Experienced and highly decorated military veteran with a strong and consistent 10+ year track record of achievements. Adept leader and IT professional with a multitude of skill sets covering different operating platforms and proprietary application software packages, particularly in the telecommunications arena. Currently holds a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
· Ranked #1 out of 20 Non-Commissioned Officers aboard the USS Whidbey Island.
· Earned “5” Navy Achievement Medals and the Joint Achievement Medal for superior achievements in performance of duties.
· Awarded Letters of Commendation from Commander Sixth Fleet and Commanding Officer USS Whidbey Island for outstanding performance.
L3 Titan Corporation
Installation Technician 2006 - Present
Provides technical expertise in support of operating systems, peripheral equipment, cabling and interconnecting devices in addition to supporting FBI projects nationwide and FBI field office upgrades. Configured computers with IP and DNS addresses and connected systems to the FBI domain. Upgraded telecommunication systems encompassing horizontal, backbone and pigtail fiber optic cables.
· Achieved a less than 5% fail rate for 600+ terminations in most recent jobs with MTJR's
· Performed Sensitive Compartmented Information Operational Network (SCION) IT deployment installations.
· Excellent trouble-shooting abilities led to an overall installer/operator error rate of only 1.9% from the installation of 105 System Management Servers as part of the FBI server team, FBI network team and Dell representative team.
Raytheon Technical Services Corporation
Quality Assurance Inspector/Technical Support Specialist 2004 - 2006
Spearheaded the technical and administrative review of work products to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable standards. Created quality assurance workbooks, test and inspection plans for shipboard and shore installations while periodically inspecting shipboard platforms.
Military Service - United States Navy
USS Tortuga LSD46
Surface Warfare Specialist 2002 - 2004
Résumé of , Page 2 of 2
Surface Warfare Specialist, cont'd
Supervised 11 military personnel while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom during wartime by managing all mission critical lines of communications and keeping them fully operational.
· Spearheaded the communications efforts related to operations including HF, UHF, EHF, and SHF spectrums.
· Directed all ship-to-shore and ship-to-ship secure and non-secure communications.
· Led division during operationally intense deployment in support of the Liberation of Iraq.
NATO AWACS Airbase, Geilenkirchen Germany
Command Post Senior US Navy Rep. 1999 - 2002
Trained and supervised 10 Duty Controllers encompassing Dutch, Spanish, Belgium, German and American personnel. Oversaw the daily operations of all E-3A and Training Cargo aircraft that flew local and deployed missions.
Additional Military Experience
USS Hayler DD997 - Operations Dept. Leading Petty Officer
Integral to the success of maintaining 100% connectivity during National Contingency Operations while managing 15 enlisted personnel with training and operations related to Radio Central and Visual Communications. Spearheaded the Communication Team's impressive 95% score during Type Commanders' Communications evolutions.
Nctams Lant - NTCC Breezy Point Message Center Chief
Processed and delivered Genser and Classfied message traffic to all commands on the Naval Air Station and served as Command Duty Officer overseeing all after hours communications.
“Held previous leadership positions commensurate with training and experience.”
Specialized Technical Training
· Advance Communications Procedures
· Cryptographic Material System School
· Communications System Operator School
· Combat Systems Training Team
· Radioman “A” School
· Navy Leadership Development Training
· Kitco Fiber Optic Training
· Hilti Power Actuated Tools