Aaron C. Butell
716 Alabama St
Lawrence, KS 66044
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A Business Professional with a proven ability to develop and implement business strategies that support objectives while remaining committed to the development of a skilled workforce through the use Key Performance Indicators (KPI), education, communication, transparency and teamwork. Able to draw upon more than thirteen years of experience in management, consulting, business process outsourcing, customer service, sales and the synthesis of information.
Farmers Insurance Group
Workforce Management Analyst 11/2010 - Current
Served as HelpPoint Operations Command Center Workforce Management Analyst responsible for analysis of data related to lines of business across the Farmers Insurance HelpPoint Claims Virtual Contact Center enterprise.
- Lead efforts to identify, analyze, and implement efficiencies that contributed to increased productivity and margins. Documented cost savings delivered through year-over-year improvement in operational results and monetized cost avoidance through AHT mitigation.
- Provided quantitative analysis to identify trends through ad-hoc data extraction which lead to the creation of or changes to enterprise business processes and post day reporting systems.
- Monitored the real-time performance of the HelpPoint Customer Service Contact Centers including call volume and staffing levels; implemented service escalations in real-time to ensure the efficient delivery of service levels.
- Performed all real-time contact center management functions including load balancing, skills management, adherence monitoring, queue & service level escalation playbooks. Performance intraday management functions including staffing adjustments, forecast adjustments, Overtime, etc.
- Performed contact center skill plan management functions which included all staffing adjustments (PTO scheduling, exception planning, OT, new hire planning, etc). Monitored external events (weather, etc.) and pro-actively initiated plans to address. Executed intraday and skill plan as required to minimize staffing variances.
- Working directly with IT and Telecom, provided performance incident and outage management for planned and unplanned events. Provided post incident reporting to document workload impacts and costs.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services BCC Project Lead and Supervisor
08/2007 - 11/2010
Served as Project Lead and Supervisor at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Beneficiary Customer Contact Center for General Medicare, Medicare Benefit Specialists, Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Departments providing direct management, supervision and development of employees at multiple sites simultaneously.
- Served as Staff Manager (temp), Project Lead and Subject Matter Expert for contact center launch leading a cross functional team of 250 direct reports completing launch on time and under budget - Riverview, FL
- Created CMS Contact Center Launch Plan adopted and implemented to launch CMS Contact Centers
- Served as Operations Quality Administrator for the CMS Program - Enterprise
- Created CMS Training, Mentoring and Career Path Program for CSR Development - Enterprise
- Improvement in Employee Confidence of 111% in the first two weeks of employment
- Improvement in Employee Confidence of 61% in the first seven weeks of employment
- Reduction in Employee Attrition Rate of 61% (monetized cost avoidance of 8.32 Million)
- Decreased use of outsourced Employment Contractors by 62%
- Customer Service Representative headcount was reduced by 4.2% (reduction of over 190 total employees) while total unique calls serviced were up 4.3% over the previous year.
- Improved Enterprise Quality of Service to 99.87%
- Improvement in All Call Statistics: Average Speed of Answer (ASA) improved by 25%, Contact Abandonment Rate improved 33%, Average Handle Time (AHT) improved by 3.8%, Total Repeat Contacts decreased by 7.2% and Call Transfer Rate reduced by 28%
- Identified and evaluated causes for performance gaps in call management, training and internal employee computer based tool development utilizing post day and real-time reporting. Provided solutions based on extensive review of Key Performance Indicators, work statistics and user feedback.
- Lead several Enterprise Level collaborative cross functional teams to create and/or update existing documentation (white papers, proposals, plans, workflows, presentations, standard operating procedures, metrics/measures, etc.)
- eLoyalty Behavioral Analytics Coach, providing insight and actionable information used to drive improvement in service quality, customer satisfaction and customer service representative morale. Using behavioral science to identify and leverage personality driven customer expectations through the use of behavioral models. Coached agents to predict customer behavior and provided a framework for improving customer interactions.
- Served as Senior Supervisor Mentoring all Supervisors in the CMS Program and as Operations Backup Trainer for new hire classes - KS
- Winner Vangent Value Award: We Expect To Be Profitable - 2009
- Winner Vangent Value Award: ÂWe Strive To Continually Improve - 2008
Served as Supervisor and Trainer at the Comcast Cable Customer Contact Center supporting Cable, Phone, Internet Tech Support, Sales and Billing Departments. Providing direct management, supervision and development of employees and at two customer contact sites simultaneously.
Supervisor & Trainer - Comcast Cable
01/2007 - 08/2007
- Served Project Lead as Subject Matter Expert for Contact Center Launch. Onsite support included the recruitment and training of over 200 employees during the launch. - Lawton, Oklahoma.
- Served Project Lead planned opening of an additional customer contact center in Corpus Christi, TX
eRate Solutions, L.L.C
- Produced reports used to analyze productivity and operational efficiency. Evaluated Contact Center Occupancy to ensure consistent service levels. Recommended adjustments to contact center occupancy based on analysis of KPI and strategic direction of the project leading to increased efficiency.
Director of Sales, Marketing & Business Development
09/1999 - 12/2006
Formed a Limited Liability Corporation that provided business process outsourcing for the Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund, commonly known as the E-Rate Program, for its Public and Private K-12 Schools and Public Library Clients. E-Rate is a Federal Program that provides discounts to obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access.
- Coordinated the functional management and leadership of all business activities, including the establishment of sales objectives in conjunction with business planning. Managed and coordinated the development of internal sales, marketing and operating budgets.
- Directly managed major and developing client accounts, secured 180 negotiated multi-year service contracts.
- Coordinated the management of all accounts including tracking sales results, maintained sales compensation plans, revenue tracking, ad hoc reporting and contract processing.
- Provided continuous research and developed strategies which identified marketing opportunities for new project and client development. This included analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information. Analyzed client selling cycles, bid requirements and selection methodologies within the industry which was used to develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy. This included the creation and direction of sales policies, objectives and initiatives.
- Created internal SOPs, employee benefits packages, compensation plans and developed employee training materials. Implemented a comprehensive computerized customer and prospect database used to track project timelines and Service Level Agreements.
- Planed and implemented all public affairs and communications efforts. This included coordinating all marketing activities, established and developed relationships with channel partners and affiliates, developed an online presence and served as consultant at local and regional conferences.
TRAINING AND TECHNICAL
- Contact Center Workforce Planning and Management - Mastery Certification
- Experienced in various contact center software applications such as IEX Total View, Genesys, Avaya CMS Supervisor, Real Time Adherence (RTA), Aspect Empower, Witness Impact 360, Nice, Knowledgent, and 7 IVR.
- Received CompTIA Training (A+ and Network+), experienced in troubleshooting Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Metropolitan Area Networks, Virtual Private Networks, Phone Systems, desktop computers, software, telecommunication products, various mobile devices.
- Experienced in Windows NT/7/8, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Sharepoint, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint through Office 2010 and the use of NetMeeting applications.
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, Bachelor of Arts - Applied Organizational Leadership - 2014 (anticipated)