Once you edit your resume, click here to post it on Monster.com. Log in to an existing account or create a new one then upload a saved copy of your resume and make it public for employers to view. (Double click here to edit this section.)
1414 Elm Drive ¿ Philadelphia, ¿ ¿
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
· Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR) with additional state certification in California (PHR-CA) offering a 13-year HR career distinguished by commended performance and proven results.
· Extensive background in HR generalist affairs, including experience in employee recruitment and retention, staff development, mediation, conflict resolution, benefits and compensation, HR records management, HR policies development and legal compliance.
· Demonstrated success in negotiating win-win compromises, developing teambuilding programs, and writing personnel manuals, corporate policies, job descriptions and management reports.
HR Department Startup
|Staff Recruitment & Retention
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
HR Program/Project Management
|Orientation & On-Boarding
Training & Development
HR Policies & Procedures
Provides voice and data communications systems for small and mid-sized companies.
HR Generalist, 2005 to Present
Recruited to help open new company branch in Los Angeles, guiding the startup and management of a full spectrum of HR operations, systems and programs. Worked with senior management to create HR policies and procedures; recruit employees; create group benefits databases; and develop orientation, training and incentive programs. Manage leave-of-absence programs and personnel records; administer benefits enrollment and programs; administer HR budget; and handle HR generalist workplace issues.
· Played a key role in ensuring the successful launch of Los Angeles office. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, compensation structures, benefits packages, incentives and new-employee orientation.
· Fostered a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were cited as the driving force behind branch's employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
· Negotiated approximately 50 salary offers and dozens of sign-on bonuses/relocation packages annually at both the exempt and non-exempt level.
· Brought workers' compensation program into full compliance. Instituted preferred providers list and trained managers and associates on procedures to follow in case of injury.
· Reduced benefits costs by 15% annually through meticulous recordkeeping and ensuring that company did not pay for benefits for which employees were ineligible.
· Wrote employee manual covering issues including disciplinary procedures, code of conduct, FMLA policy and benefits information.
· Introduced company's first formal performance review program, creating a flexible and well-received tool that was later adopted company-wide.
· Revised job descriptions across all levels and 50+ categories. “Shadowed” and interviewed employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
CONTOSO, LTD. — Lake Forest, CA
Leading home healthcare company employing 4,500 professionals.
Promoted to fulfill a broad range of HR functions, including recruiting and training employees, administering benefits, overseeing disciplinary action and managing HR records. Co-chaired annual flex-enrollment meetings, resolved conflicts between employees and insurance carriers, coordinated health fairs to promote employee wellness and performed exit interviews.
HR Representative , 2000 to 2005 HR Assistant , 1995 to 1997
· Trained 25-member management team on interviewing techniques and best practices, conducting workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions that contributed to sound hiring decisions.
· Co-developed company's first-ever standardized disciplinary procedures and tracking system that insulated company from legal risk and ensured consistent and fair discipline processes.
· Devised creative and cost-effective incentive and morale-boosting programs (including special events and a tiered awards structure) that increased employee satisfaction and productivity.
· Reworked new-hire orientation program to include HR information and company resources.
· Saved company thousands of dollars every month by reducing reliance on employment agencies. Brought the majority of formerly outsourced recruiting functions in-house to reduce billable hours from 200+ to less than 15 per month.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
WALNUT TREE UNIVERSITY — Brookville, CA
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology (with honors), 1997
Activities: Worked concurrently during college as a sales rep and team supervisor for ABC Video Store.